jeudi 12 janvier 2017

Are you superstitious?

Are you superstitious? Is the number 13 unlucky for you? 
Do you believe in horoscope?
Superstitions are a sort of magic: 
some people believe in them and some people do not. 
But actually almost everybody is fascinated by them!
What about you?

Action+
 for the 9th Graders
 Watch the video with Stevie Wonder
and
 complete the song lyrics with the words below
believe
broke
devil
strong
Bad
ladder
save
superstitious
believe
wash

Very  1  , writing’s on the wall,
Very superstitious,  2 ‘s about to fall,
Thirteen month old baby,  3  a looking a glass
Seven years of X luck, the good things in your past.

When you  4  in things that you don’t understand,
Then you suffer,
Superstition ain’t the wayVery superstitious,  5  your face and hands,
Rid me of the problem, do all that you can,
Keep me in a daydream, keep me going  6  ,
You don’t want to  7  me, sad is my song.

When you  8  in things that you don’t understand,
Then you suffer,
Superstition ain’t the way!

Very superstitious, nothing more to say,
Very superstitious, the  9  ‘s on his way,
Thirteen month old baby, broke a looking glass,
Seven years of bad luck, good things in your past
When you  10  in things that you don’t understand,
Then you suffer, 
 Superstition ain’t the way!    
 
For the 8th Graders
 
 Action 1
 Read the document below 
and do the ativities.
  1° What is the document?
2° Which event is it about?
3° How does each saying (=citation) begin with? 
Do they express wishes or prohibitions? Give a clue.
4° Make a list of the verbs and a list of the nouns. 
5° What do they correspond to? (Which topic?)
 

Action 2
  
  Learn more about Friday 13th and react.
  6° What is the origin of 'Friday'? http://www.almanac.com/content/origin-day-names 7° What does this day symbolize? http://inamidst.com/symbols/
 (give the name of a precious metal and an element of Nature)
 8°What does number 13 symbolize?
http://www.ridingthebeast.com/numbers/nu13.php
 (select 4 symbols)
9° Tell two striking stories related to "Friday 13th. http://mysticalnumbers.com/number-13 10°
 And you? Are you superstitious? Why or why not?
 
For the 9th Graders
 
  Action 1
 Read the superstitions and put them into French.
 
 
Action 2
 GRAMMAR IN ACTION
1st and 2nd conditional 
 
Read, observe, think and learn.

 Read and do.
 
Action  3
 Match the phrases  [1-4] 
with the superstitions in the drawings below [A-D] 
 
1. If I were you, I wouldn't open that.
2. If I were you,  I wouldn't walk under that.
3. If I were you, I'd walk.
4. I wouldn't look down if I were you.
 

 Action 4
   GRAMMAR IN ACTION
A little bit of a reminder about 'will' in English!
Watch, observe, think and learn.
  
Action 5
Complete with 'will' or 'would'. 
 
1. If they were American, they.............speak English.
2. If you eat too much, you.............get fat.
3. If I were yoy, I..............forget him.
4. .................this pullover shrink, if I washed it? 

Action  6
Click on the link.
 
 Action  7
Learn more about Friday13  and answer the questions below by clicking on the links
 
 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire